Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm Sorry, but I'm Back....

Oh dearest blog I have neglected you and I am so terribly sorry. Please know that I have not forgotten you. I think of you often, of stories I wish to tell you and secrets I wish to confess, but I find time passes much to quickly between my visits. I know that I quick "Hello" is all you ask of me, but I find I am too short on time to say all I wish and then say nothing at all. Our friendship was just beginning to blossom and I have abandoned you and now must begin again. A good friend told me that daily writing is a habit and it is one I will attempt to form. I must overcome another habit, procrastination, first and I have practiced this one far longer than I can recall.

Hmmm... now that I've gotten that off my chest; let's start new or again, whichever. Thank goodness today is Friday and I have a drink in my hand. Well, on my desk. This week has been a bit much and I am very ready for a nice relaxing weekend. I have been fighting our lawyer to get descent or should I say any service for the past three months and have almost won. Okay, won is the wrong word, since all I really did was get a headache and a full refund. I'll keep the refund and am currently washing the headache away with Tanqueray and grapefruit juice. Would that be a Gin Greyhound?? I have no idea, but it is tasty. Sorry, I got thirsty, but I'm back... again...

So, on the other front of my long week was work. Now I must say, that I truly love my job, not even just the paycheck portion of it; I really do enjoy what I do all day. Minus the waking up to an alarm clock part I wouldn't change much. Oh, did you catch the "much"? Well to be honest, if I ran the world, I would change all types of things, but that is a bit beyond this conversation. I adore my assistant, I really do. She's great, but I need her to learn three things that I have no idea how to train her for: 1) To follow-up... If I ask you to call somebody about something, I don't mean just leave them a message or send them an e-mail and forget about it... I mean get me an answer, and that answer should be the one I'm looking for. 2) Know when not to talk... When I'm pulling my hair out attempting to make a deadline, it is not a good time to bitch about your boyfriend and when other people are in the office don't spout off like it is just the two of us bullshitting. 3) Take some initiative, instead of just taking the shortcut... Just because it is easier for you to ask me for the answer does not make it the right thing to do... If I wanted to come up with the answer I would have taken care of the project myself; figure it out...If you have nothing to do, find something, anything, so you keep busy; wait... anything except screwing around and looking for a reason to leave early. Is this too much to ask?

Wow... Apparently, I had a bit more to rant about than I thought. I really do appreciate the assistance I receive and some days she is "on it" in a big way, but I need that everyday all the time. Still, I have to remember that she is young. As I type this, I wonder how many people have said this same thing about me... I am young too, not that young, but still, I also was not as young as she is when I was her age, but such is life. I could go off again on this subject, but I'll save that for another time. It has been a long while and I wouldn't want to over do it right out of the gate...

0 comments:

 
The Curious Mind of Me © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você