Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wednesday Media Mix #3

Wednesday Media Mix

[Listen] Do you tend to go through genre phases–maybe listen to nothing but blues for a month, and then nothing but industrial the next? If so, what phases have you gone through lately?
Yes, I definitely do. I have actually been listening to mostly country recently. This is simply due to the fact that it is workplace friendly. I have a nice long commute, but after a long day commercials and blabbing radio heads drive me nuts. I have recently discovered the wonder world of podcasts where I can learn Spanish, listen to our president's ideas, or have a book read to me all the way to work and back.


[Watch] At what age did you see your very first horror movie? Do you remember what the movie was?
I was about seven or eight I believe. The movie is still one of my favs. Silver Bullet I loved that the movie scared the shit out of me. It would give me nightmares, so my dad would tell me not to watch it again and I would beg him to let me. Yeah I know, I was a weird kid.

[Read] Name one pet peeve you have with writing styles.
Long descriptions with no point. I can live with an author spending three pages describing a field, but something really important better happen in that field. If the character just watch it pass out their car window, I am going to be a bit upset. Why the hell did I care how tall the grass was?

2 comments:

WestcoastWeirdo said...

I end up tuning out the podcasts - even if it's a book. Wish I didn't because it's a great opportunity!

Curious Mind said...

I haven't had that problem yet. I am currently rotating four podcasts, so I am always listening to something new. Plus the majority of them are fifteen minutes or less.

 
The Curious Mind of Me © 2007 Template feito por Templates para Você